.

10/03/2007

Fabulous Flowers Card for SUDSOL swap

When I saw this stamp set, Fabulous Flowers, I knew that it would be part of my first order from the new catalog but when it finally arrived I just went blank. The large flower was overwhelming on the first few cards that I came up with but when I paired it with the new In Colors I loved it. The base of the card is River Rock with a 1" x 5½" strip of Groovy Guava. Both of these layers were stamped tone on tone with the smallest two flower images from the set. The main image is a 2½" x 3¾" piece of whisper white that has the flower images stamped with Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock and Wild Wasabi. There was too much blank space for me so I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds with Groovy Guava and River Rock to fill it in a bit. I then layered this with Purely Pomegranate. I have an insane need to put ribbon on all of my projects. They just don't look finished to me without it and this card was no exception. I could have just wrapped the Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon around the image and tied it but wanted something a bit different. I used the Horizontal Slot Punch so I could thread the ribbon through the main image which I attached to the front of the card with dimensionals. Last but not least I stamped the Dare to be Fabulous saying with Purely Pomegranate. I used this card for the COTM Swap for September on SUDSOL (Simply Unique Demonstrators Sharing OnLine). You sign up for 1, 2 or 3 partners and then swap cards with them.

No comments: