.

8/11/2006

I have a class tomorrow and needed to create two more cards for it. So, here they are :
It is so easy for me to create floral cards but other types are a challenge. I first made this as a blue card but one of the other projects is totally blue so I tried it in green, my favorite Green Galore. I really like it. I hope the girls do too! The colors of this card (Chocolate Chip, Buckaroo Blue, Marigold Morning) are from this weeks Color Combo Challenge on SCS. I needed to add more of the Buckaroo Blue to the card so I took a stiff bristle paint brush and used it to add some soft accents on the edge of the top layer. It's hard to see but is so pretty IRL. I think that it needs something else (like ribbon) but one of my stamping girls thinks that I use entirely too much ribbon (as if that could ever happen) so once in a while I try to make one with out it. It is physically painful to glue them together with out any! LOL

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Beautiful cards! You have some lovely ideas and I even like the one without ribbon! Lol! I know what you mean about not using any ribbon. When I make a card for a man, I hardly ever use ribbon but I always use a swirl embellishment or something like that. Just can't go 'plain'.

Wow - a stamping closet! I have a combination guest room/office/sewing/crafty type room that is NOT the biggest room in the house, but it is very cosy. It's still hard to keep it cleaned up in case we have visitors, but it is great to have a place to stamp.

Will check back with you another time :-)