.

10/07/2007

Hodgepodge Sketch

When the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers first started I made sure to participate every week and really feel that it helped me grow as a stamper. Now I'm so busy that I very rarely participate but need to get back at it. Here's a card I made for a class next week based loosely on Sketch Challenge #140. The base layer is Really Rust with Chocolate Chip as the next layer that is just peaking out behind the new Outlaw DP. The Pumpkins were stamped on Very Vanilla with Timber Brown StazOn and then colored using an Aquapainter and Classic Ink Refills (Creamy Caramel and Really Rust). They are layered over Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip over two strips of Chocolate Chip. When I was adding the sentiment I really wanted to use some of my Hodgepodge Hardware but the colors were just off. I really wanted it to be dark brown so I inked it up using my Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and then embossed it with Crystal Clear EP. It turned out like poop. The EP didn't give me a nice even coat with one application and I didn't want to add layer upon layer. It was going to be too bulky. Then I had the idea to try and ink it up with my StazOn and it worked perfectly. It's hard to tell in the photo but it is a warm brown and not at all as dark as it looks. I finished it off by punching the saying with my Oval Punch and attached to the card with brads that I had also colored with my StazOn.

No comments: