.

9/21/2006

I think that fall is here to stay!

Fall is my second favorite time of year.
  • I love how the nights are cool and crisp with no humidity but when the sun comes out it warms up everything!
  • I love how the leaves change to such beautiful colors.
  • I love the way they smell and sound as they fall from the trees and the kids play in them.
  • I love going to field hockey and soccer games.
  • I love apple picking with my family.
  • I love baking fall recipes.
Hopefully I will be going apple picking this Sunday with my sister, niece and nephew. My husband is looking forward to warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
***********************
I had my stamp club card class this past weekend and wanted to create cards that show what I love about this time of year. Here are two of the three projects that we made. Simple Sketches is one of my favorite sets but I don't use it that often. It was the perfect choice to try and created the many colors of fall. I made a few more of this design and stamped various sayings on them. I have to restrain myself when coming up with pages and cards for workshops and classes or they would all have some type of watercoloring on them. I can remember coloring for hours at a time when I was young. This card uses two of my favorite In Colors, Marigold Morning and Cranberry Crisp. They are a perfect match.

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

Really nice Michelle. I especially like the floral one. It's amazing the different way we can make flowers look just by changing the colors. Happy Autumn to you and I hope you get to go pick those apples. I could go for a pc. of fresh apple pie right about now.