.

12/20/2006

My list of people that I send cards to is out of control!! When my husband and I were celebrating our first Christmas together I couldn't wait to send cards to everyone - and I do mean everyone!! As the years have gone by my list has gotten shorter but it is still out of control at over 100 people (107 to be exact) and I only send cards to close friends and family. Just the stamps alone are over $40 and the supplies . . . we won't go there. So, when I was filling out my cards I found that I was about 15 cards short so I came up with this simple card and it is probably my favorite this
year.

The Snowflakes are embossed with Winter White EP on Glossy White paper. I used Brilliant Blue ink with the polished stone technique** to create the background. The base card is Bashful Blue and the 2nd layer is
Brilliant Blue. It's very pretty IRL.

** To do the polished stone technique you wet a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and then using the reinkers place a few drops of ink on it also. Then you just dab around the paper (you must use the glossy paper for this technique) until you are happy with it. Here's a full tutorial by Beate on SCS Polished Stone Technique

Have a wonderful day!

Michelle

No comments: