.

12/20/2006

How many Christmas Cards did you send this year?

My list of people that I send cards to is out of control!! When my husband and I were celebrating our first Christmas together I couldn't wait to send cards to everyone - and I do mean everyone!! As the years have gone by my list has gotten shorter but it is still out of control at over 100 people (107 to be exact) and I only send cards to close friends and family. Just the stamps alone are over $40 and the supplies . . . we won't go there. So, when I was filling out my cards I found that I was about 15 cards short so I came up with this simple card and it is probably my favorite this year. The Snowflakes are embossed with Winter White EP on Glossy White paper. I used Brilliant Blue ink with the polished stone technique** to create the background. The base card is Bashful Blue and the 2nd layer is Brilliant Blue. It's very pretty IRL. ** To do the polished stone technique you wet a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and then using the reinkers place a few drops of ink on it also. Then you just dab around the paper (you must used the glossy paper for this technique) until you are happy with it. Here's a full tutorial by Beate on SCS => Polished Stone Tutorial <=. Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Stunning!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Beautiful card!

Renee V. said...

Whoa...
awesome card! This really is pretty! TFS!
Holiday Hugs,
Renee

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Michelle your Christmas card is BEAUTIFUL -- I couldn't image making over 100 cards... you go girl!

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope everything is okay! Happy 2007!

Anonymous said...

You haven't posted in awhile and I know you have had some chaos in your life lately so I hope all is OK.