.

4/22/2007

Too long between posts!!

One morning almost 3 years ago I woke up and when I rolled over to turn off my alarm the whole room started spinning and wouldn't stop. I couldn't walk or make any movements at all with out it happening and feeling incredible ill! Imagine having the worst case of motion sickness that you can imagine and then multiply it by 10 and just for fun add in the sensation of the room spinning around you and not being able to balance yourself as you walk. I suffered for 2 days until I decided enough was enough and went to the doctors. I had a "text book" case of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo or BPPV. I thought that the doctor was joking, sure I'd heard of Vertigo but it wasn't a real illness was it. I have come to realize that it is indeed a real illness and a nasty one at that. There are positional exercises that I do weekly to keep it away and have only had 2 episodes since being diagnosed. When it does act up I have medication that I can take to help mask the symptoms until I can do an exercise called the Eply Maneuver and then it takes about 24 - 36 hours until I I can function normally again. It is not fun but it is something that I have been able to deal with until about 3 weeks ago when I woke up with it again. During the past 3 weeks I have had 5 occurrences and I am just wiped out. Finally I went to see the doctor and he took me through 3 rounds of the maneuver and changed my medication. I have been dizzy-free for 4 days now and I am so happy. Being able to walk around my house without holding onto the walls never felt so good!!! LOL I even stamped for a Stamp Club Class that I had this past Friday and after all of this rambling and probably TMI on my part here are the cards that I came up with. All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Certainly Celery, Shimmery White Stamps : Petal Pushers Inks : Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace, Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Bashful Blue Accessories : Corner Rounder, SAMJ, Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals This is a fairly simple card that was inspired by several cards that I've seen. It is so springy and makes me happy to look at it. I stamped the larger flowers once and then rotated the image slightly and stamped again to fill it in. I love the stem stamp in this set as you can stamp each end to create a varied look. All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Cool Caribbean, Whisper White, Basic Black Stamps : Doodle This, Much Appreciated, In My Thoughts Inks : Jet Black StazOn™, Cool Caribbean Accessories : Aquapainter, Ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen The colors for this card came from this weeks Color Combination Challenge on Splitcoast. I love all of this years "In Colors" and cannot wait to see the ones from the 2007-2008 SU! Catalog. I know that I am going to love them just from the names. All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Rose Red, So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Confetti White Stamps : Bodacious Bouquet, Simple Sayings II, Friend to Friend Inks : Rose Red, So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke Accessories : Crafter's Tool Kit, Cutter Kit, White Gel Pen, Air Tool, Rose Red Marker, So Saffron Marker, Elegant Eggplant Marker, Always Artichoke Marker, SAMJ, Post-It® Notes My favorite images are generally the outlined ones that I can watercolor so I tend to not buy solid image stamp sets. I purposely bought several solid image sets last month and I have to say that I am really enjoying them. This is one that I've had my eye on and I'm sorry that it took me so long to get it. The colors for this card are also from the Color Combination Challenge on Splitcoast. I did add the Always Artichoke to the mix though. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful and sunny spring day!!

2 comments:

Tammy Q Howell said...

As always you make such beautiful cards! Is that shimmery white card stock on the flowers card? I am sorry to hear about your episode with vertigo. I can only imagine that is a very frustrating disease to have. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I just happend to come across your blog by looking at the box with photos and looked down and saw your vertigo topic. I have suffered with this same dizziness, horrible dizziness for 25 years and never knew there was a name for this condition. I can't believe the ENT I went to years ago didn't know this. He put tubes in my ears. That was a waste. I don't get the dizzy spells often, maybe once a year. I am definately going to check on this. A name for this is unbelievable to me. I think people thought when I said I had dizzy spells, they thought I was dizzy!!! I am so grateful you wrote about this.
I also like your stamping projects.
Janice Williams