.

4/28/2007

Scrapbook in a Box

I have quite a few stampers in my clubs who really enjoy scrap booking and always appreciate it when I have a class that incorporates some type of scrapping. For my class this past Saturday I came up with this project. I've heard it called either a Scrapbook in a Box or and Explosion Box. Whatever it's called, it was a big hit with the girls. It does take 2 sheets of 12 x 12 card stock per box so I was very limited on my color choices but really like how it turned out. I used the new set, Crab and Company and the new wheel, Sandy Shells. The card stock is Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and So Saffron. I only had 11 sheets of the Chocolate Chip on hand so I used Close to Cocoa on the inside of my sample. The directions that I found online only had a 1" edge for the cover but I wanted to decorate it a little more so I created a 1½". If you kept it to the original 1 inch you can actually get 4 covers from a single sheet of 12" x 12" card stock. I wheeled the outside and then colored random images with Rose Red, Bashful Blue, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip with an aquapainter. For the inside you are able to use the corner that are cut out from each level for matting on the next bigger layer. For example, the corners that were cut out of the Close to Cocoa layer I used as matting for the Bashful Blue layer. So there's really not a lot of waste. You do have to cut down the corners of the Bashful Blue layer to use as matting on the So Saffron layer but the strips that I cut off where used to decorate the sides of my lid. You can up to 21 photos on the inside depending on how much you journal and whether you put photos on the front and back of each layer and on the center. I didn't have that many "beachy" photos so I used pictures from last years fishing derby and didn't journal yet. When I get to it, I will journal on the back side of each layer. I already have requests to do this for another class. I'm so glad they like it. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day! All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White Stamps : Crab & Company, Sandy Shells Wheel Inks : Timber Brown StazOn™, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel Accessories : Corner Rounder, Grosgrain Ribbon, Aquapainter, Sponge, Sticky Strip, Post-It™ Notes

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Very, very cool! I love the scallops and all the layers on top of the box not to mention the layers in the sides. How long did it take you to make this? I made the "surprise" version of this box and that took me almost an hour!

Dani said...

I absolutely love this! You have inspired me to get Crab and Co and the sandy wheel. This is the perfect father's day present.

Wanda said...

This is SO cute. You did a GREAT job on it! I just LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS>>>
I would like to adapt it to Graduation ...could you please give directions or guide me to a tutorial online....Thanks
Edna