.

8/27/2006

Christmas is coming!!

There were Christmas Carols being played, Christmas cookies being eaten and cards being stamped. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas . . . well, if it wasn't 80° outside it would have. I had my first Christmas Card Class yesterday and it was so much fun. The 12 cards were finished in record time with stampers singing their favorite carols and munching on decorated sugar cookies. Here are the cards we made: This one was a big hit and surprised my stampers at how simple is really is. I just love this set and have already designed 2 more cards with it for my Sept. and Oct. classes. The colors are very soft IRL and the background snowflakes are actually Bashful Blue and not the grayish color that they look like. The colors for this card are straight off the color wheel. I really like how it turned out. The only problem yesterday with this one is that my Real Red is so juicy that it took a bit for it to dry. This one was inspired by JulieHRR. I changed it up a bit and added a little more color. Such a simple yet beautiful card. I love it!! I originally did this card in Lovely Lilac/Almost Amethyst but when I went to cut the cardstock for the class I was short by 4 sheets. So I changed it up to Perfect Plum/Pale Plum. I love, love, love this stamp set. I might be my favorite new holiday set from the current catalog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful cards! Thanks for posting them and letting us know on the SUDS group! :-)