.

8/28/2006

Creating my Snowmen Pop-Up Card

I've had quite a few people ask how to create the Snowmen Pop-Up card that I posted so I made a picture tutorial, I hope the directions are clear. It is really a simple card once you've seen it done. Let me know how you like it.
Here are the items I used to create it and the basic recipe :
  • Bashful Blue cardstock 8½" x 5½"
  • Whisper White cardstock 8¼" x 5¼"
  • Whisper White cardstock 2½" x 2½" (for stamping the snowmen image)
  • Bashful Blue 2 5/8" x 5/8" (for layering the title)
  • Whisper White 2½" x ½" (for title)
  • Basic Black ink
  • Bashful Blue ink
  • markers
  • Post-It Notes (for masking the trees)
  • Scissors (for creating the pop out tab and for cutting out the snowmen
  • Adhesive (I use Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue)
Fold both of the large sheets of cardstock in half (I corner rounded both). Then stamped the trees on the top half of the whisper white. Stamp the snowmen image on the square piece of Whisper White and colored all of the images with the markers. Create a mask of the trees using a Post-It Note and use it to stamp snowflakes on the background. Cut out the snowmen image. You don't have to cut too closely, as you can see I leave about an 1/8" white border around them. Fold the Whisper White cardstock and cut two slits, about ¾" long and ¾" apart, on the folded edge of it. Push the tab back into the card and press to create sharp creases. Apply glue to only the bottom half of the tab. Attach the snowmen slightly above the crease of the tab.
Glue the Whisper White to the inside of the Bashful Blue and add the finishing touches. I stamped snowflakes on the outside of the card with Bashful Blue, Created a title and attached it to the card with dimensionals and then stamped a sentiment in front of the snowmen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great directions on how you created your card. I may have to find a stamp set I can use to try this.

Anonymous said...

Really Cute card. can you fix the measurements of the "pop out part, because it show as A instead of a number. Thanks Janell

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is a great card! Thanks for the detailed instructions. I will have to try something like this :-)

Anonymous said...

What did you use on the outside of the card. I LOVE the pop-out part.