.

3/09/2007

How many challenges are too many for one card?

This card combines three of the weekly challenges from Splitcoast: TLC106 (frayed ribbon), CC104 (So Saffron, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip) and SC114 (the sketch challenge). The hardest part was using the frayed ribbon. To do this you have to take a length of ribbon and trim off one of the edges and then pull the threads out of the middle. We were supposed to use the threads but after a few attempts of using them my stamp table was covered with ribbon fluff that's from 1/2" to 3" long and it was stuck to everything. So, I ended up using the piece of ribbon that was left over from the fraying process. It is wrapped around the image like a frame. I stamped one of the flowers on the square piece and then cut another one out and attached it with a dimensional. I then attached the center piece with another dimensional so the flower is very 3-D. I wish that I had make the celery piece narrower but overall I like what I came up with.

4 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great idea on using the "fringe" I love the way that it looks around your focal point. Very creative!

Allison Rankin said...

This card looks terrific...you did a super job with the frayed ribbon!

Rosella said...

Love your frayed frame! Very creative use of 3 challenges!

Nancy B said...

This card is oh so pretty.
Love the flowers..and the ribbon.

Great job!!!