.

3/11/2007

Lunch Box Tin Class

I finally did it! I've had these lunch box tins for almost a year and I finally used them for a class. You can cover an entire tin with 1 - 12" x 12" sheet of designer paper, including the top and the tags for the inside dividers. We used the new Petals and Paisley Designer Series Paper, the Petals Jumbo Wheel and the new Round Tab Punch all from the Spring Mini Catalog. I struggled on how to make the dividers sturdy enough and finally had a light bulb moment and used poster board. I cut the poster board to 6¼" x 4¼", then matted a piece of Old Olive (6" x 4") to them and then, using the new Petals Jumbo Wheel, I stamped the front and back of each one with Old Olive ink. I attached the tag to the top edge of each but haven't labeled them yet. I'm not sure what categories I want on them. I ordered an acrylic template for the tins online and used it to cut the paper for the top. It was a little big but by cutting it down by about an 1/8" if fit perfectly. Everyone loved them!! I charged $15, had 6 people come and they finished in about 1½ hours.

2 comments:

Rosella said...

I love tins! Love your tin. The paper is so pretty and I like how you used the punch.

Julie said...

This is very pretty! The new punch is perfect for the dividers!