.

3/16/2007

March Stamp Club Class

This months Stamp Club Class is tonight so I've been designing cards today for it. I know that I shouldn't wait until the last minute but I just seem to work best under pressure. I've come up with 10 or so cards this past week but I wasn't happy with any of them so bright and early this morning I headed down and came up with these three.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Tempting Turquoise, Glossy White, Old Olive, Petals & Paisleys DP and So Saffron Stamps : Polka Dots & Paisley Inks : Black StazOn™, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, So Saffron Accessories : Aquapainter, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Black Journal Marker, Tempting Turquoise Marker, Rose Red Marker, Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Rounder
I really like this one except for the "happy" tag. This is the first time that I've used a sentiment tab on a card and I'm just not sure about it. The flowers are water colored on Glossy card stock. I saw on the Occasional Stamper where Kim uses it to water color on all the time and just had to try it. I really like the results - the paper doesn't absorb the ink too quickly and it allows you to add more for shading without the paper tearing.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Buckaroo Blue, Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand and Confetti White Stamps : You Make Me Happy, It's Your Birthday (inside) Inks : Buckaroo Blue, Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand Accessories : Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch, Large Oval Punch, Paper Snips, White Gel Pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig
This is definitely my least favorite of the three. I wanted to use the colors from the cover of the March Stamper's Showcase but I didn't have enough of the Ruby Red to make is the main color so instead of giving up and starting over with new colors this is what I came up with. Hopefully they like it.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!® Paper : Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Confetti White Stamps : Bundle of Joy, Warmest Regards Inks : Timber Brown StazOn™, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa Accessories : Aquapainter, Taupe Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Rounder, Watercolor Crayons (Close to Cocoa and Barely Banana), Horizontal Slot Punch, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Gold Brads
This is my most favorite. When I first saw this set in the Spring Mini I knew that it would be mine. My favorite stamping technique is water coloring and this is perfect for it. It was lacking a little something when I was done so I added the little bits of ribbon and the gold brad. I will be making more of this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I just love all three! You are very talented and thank you for sharing!

Michelle said...

I love them all too! I love that giraffe-so cute!! This is a set I have not purchased yet but this is the second card making me wish I had. We are out of baby mode but there are always baby things to be made:)

StampingontheLakefront said...

how did you do the top of the paper of the hello card?

Anonymous said...

This is adorable. I just got this stamp set yesterday and finally got to use it. Love your card!!!