.

5/24/2007

April Stamp Club

I had my monthly Stamp Club Card Class this past Friday and these are the cards that we made. I wanted to use all retiring sets so that they would see what they would be missing come July 1st. For the Roses in Winter card we used the Rock 'n Roll Technique. I inked the largest image up with Apricot Appeal and then rolled the edges in Rose Red and then stamped. I repeated this with the middle image and then for the top one I inked it up with Rose Red and then stamped off. I love how these colors look together. The leaves are stamped with Green Galore, the larger image stamped off first and then the smaller image stamped over it. The small flowers are inked with Tempting Turquoise and then stamped off - full strength was just too much for me. It still looked a little bright so I used the speckled stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds and stamped randomly with Apricot Appeal and Rose Red. You can't tell from the photo but the top layer is Shimmery White. I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the main image, then layered it on Rose Red and place a Tempting Turquoise brad in each corner. When I first finished the card the Tempting Turquoise layer was plain with no Faux Stitching on it but it looked way too plain. Because the card was already put together I couldn't pierce the holes so I used my Basic Black marker, drew each dot on then and then created the stitches with my white gel pen. The base of the card measured 8½" x 5½" folded in half and is Apricot Appeal with the large rose image stamped with Apricot Appeal. With Father's Day right around the corner I knew that one of the cards needed to be masculine and as this is the only non-retired, manly set I own the decision was made for me. I really like this set and am disappointed that it is retiring. I used Sahara Sand for the base card and the top layer. The base measures 11" x 4¼" and is folded in half and then stamped with the Canvas background stamp in Sahara Sand. The next layer is Buckaroo Blue with black grosgrain ribbon and black eyelets as accessories. I stamped the main image with Jet Black StazOn and then colored it with my aquapainter. I used Sahara Sand to create a subtle shadow under the truck and on the windshield, the wheels, the bumper and the grill. I colored the rest of the truck with Buckaroo Blue and then over the top I colored the flames with Marigold Morning. I distressed the top two layers with the cutter tool and stamped the saying with the black StazOn. For the third card I wanted to create one with a unique fold so I started with a base of Cranberry Crisp and scored in from each end to 2 1/8". Fold these in and this is the card front. I then stamped the card front with the Paisley background stamp in Cranberry Crisp, adhered a piece of white grosgrain around the entire card and then embossed the saying in Winter White EP. The main image is stamped on Shimmery White using Vintage Violet, Cranberry Crisp, Marigold Morning and True Thyme. The vase image was stamped using the "Kissing" Technique. To create it I first inked up the Paisley background stamp with vintage violet and then inked the vase stamp with Cranberry Crisp. To have a greater contrast from the two colors I first stamped off the vase image once and then "kissed" the Paisley with it. This put the paisley design onto the vase stamp in the violet ink. I then stamped the vase onto the Shimmery White. After stamping the stems and flowers I layered the main image onto Cranberry Crisp and then onto Marigold Morning. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Wow - What beautiful cards. Saw your post on Sudsol and came by to say hi. Great blog. Lin

Jenny said...

the roses in winter card is gorgeous! I love the colors and the rock n roll tech with 'em.

maiahs_momma said...

Just love the last card, where you used the unique folding technique. Great work!